Toaster ovens are known to produce perfectly toasted bread, but there’s so much more that you can do with them such as, preparing kebabs, pizza, muffins, bacon, bananas etc. Their versatility makes them a must have appliance for just about every kitchen. Not only are they convenient and much faster than standard sized ovens, they also use less energy. You may be surprised with just how well this little countertop ovens perform on a variety of different cooking tasks. They are able to bake, roast, broil, and cook just about anything that a full sized range can do without sacrificing any of the taste.
If you don’t have one of these small appliances then you are making things harder on yourself. These small modern ovens can do a lot more than toast 4 or 6 pieces of bread. Today’s top rated toaster ovens can help you transform the way that you cook and help you expand your skills in the kitchen.
Simple Toaster Oven Recipes
Here are some mouth-watering toaster oven recipes that your family will surely love.
This is one easy to prepare and healthy breakfast that you’ll be proud to serve your children. Cinnamon helps in maintaining healthy blood sugar, while bananas are loaded with potassium to keep your kidneys, heart and other body organs working normally.
- 2 tsp. Honey
- 1 Ripe banana (peel and slice lengthwise)
- Lemon juice
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Line your oven toaster tray with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush the banana halves lightly with lemon juice.
- Place the bananas on the toaster tray, with the cut sides facing up.
- Spoon the honey over the bananas, lightly sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the banana halves from the oven and cut them into 1-inch pieces. Serve on a plate and enjoy.
Mini Breakfast Pizza
This healthy breakfast contains eggs, which are a good source of protein that will keep you feeling full for longer. It’s also made using whole grain English muffins which provide fiber for easy digestion, as well as Colby Jack cheese which is rich in calcium to keep your bones and teeth strong.
- 4 Beaten eggs
- 2 English Muffins (split and toasted)
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- Dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- Heat the toaster oven to 450 degrees.
- Using cooking spray, coat a large non-stick skillet and place it over medium heat till it gets hot.
- After that, pour in your eggs. As they start settling, pull them gently across the pan using an inverted turner.
- Continue pulling, lifting and folding the eggs till they become thick, and there’s no liquid egg remaining. Remove from heat.
- Evenly spread pizza sauce on the muffin halves, and put them on the baking sheet.
- Top the muffins with eggs and cheese, making sure to divide evenly.
- Bake them in the 450 degrees oven toaster for about 5 minutes until all the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with oregano and enjoy.
Are you one of those people who love eating bacon, but does not like the messy cooking process involved? Here’s a recipe you can try on your toaster oven at any time of the day. And don’t worry; the cleanup will be a breeze.
- 1 pound sliced Bacon
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
- Pre-heat your toaster oven to 450 degrees F with the rack placed in the middle.
- Place your bacon flat on a foil-covered baking sheet. This helps to make cleanup very easy.
- Bake the bacon for 15-18 minutes depending on how they’re thickly cut.
- After some minutes, they’ll start curling and crisping up. Keep an eye on them to ensure they don’t burn.
- To make sure that the strips turn brown evenly, turn the pan once while baking.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and transfer onto plates lined with paper towel to drain. Enjoy!
Whole Wheat Blueberry Cornbread Muffins
These blueberry muffins are very tasty, healthy for the whole family and easy to make too. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants which promote brain health, while applesauce helps in maintaining a healthy digestive tract.
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Using cupcake liners or non-stick spray, spray a muffin tin (preferably a 6-cup or more).
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix together the salt, cinnamon, baking powder, wheat flour and cornmeal in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Add the applesauce, egg, sugar and buttermilk in a small bowl and whisk them together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix until they’re combined. Be careful not to overdo the mixing.
- Add in the blueberries, and divide the mixture into 6 muffin cups.
- Place them inside the oven toaster and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the muffins.
Serve the dense muffins preferably when still warm. These healthy snacks have low calorie count, which makes them great for school-going children and people who are watching their weight.
Overall, some of the best recipes for your toaster oven are those that home chefs such as you and I come up with through experimentation. The 4 recipes above are sufficient to get you started on your journey to becoming the next best toaster oven chef. Feel free to tweak them to your personal preference.